At Commercial One Insurance Service, we’re here to help our clients in Burlingame, CA meet their insurance needs. Many motorists can take advantage of specific discounts on auto insurance to bring down their premiums.
The following are three auto insurance discounts that you might want to take advantage of.
Defensive driving class discount
- You can reduce your auto insurance premiums by taking certain classes. In particular, you can take a defensive driving class through your state’s DMV or another organization.
- Your insurance provider will then give you a discount because you will be able to drive more safely and learn to avoid situations where accidents become more likely.
- Not only can a defensive driving course lower your insurance premiums, but it can also boost your confidence and comfort out on the roads.
Discount for the installation of anti-theft devices
If you invest in having certain anti-theft devices installed on your vehicle, you could qualify for specific discounts through your insurance company. This type of discount is possible if you have comprehensive insurance coverage that covers you for theft as well as collision damage.
Some of the anti-theft devices that you can consider installing include passive disabling systems or hood-locks.
Paperless billing discount
Many insurance companies prefer if you view your billing statement online rather than having a paper copy sent to you. This results in less effort and expense for your insurance provider.
For this reason, a lot of auto insurance providers will offer you a discount if you agree to paperless billing. This saves you money and is better for the environment!
If you want to learn more about your auto insurance options in Burlingame, CA, let us know. We’re here to answer all your questions on the auto insurance policies we offer at Commercial One Insurance Service.
No matter what type of car you drive, it is a valuable asset you need to take care of. The agents of Commercial One Insurance Service offer valuable advice to their clients who live in the Burlingame, CA area.
Park in a Well Lit Area or Where Security Cameras Are Present
Parking in a well-lit area means fewer shadows for a vandal to hide in. The brighter and more visible the area, the less risk you will have of being victimized. It also helps to keep you safer as well. Put a security light next to your driveway. It will keep the area well lit on nights you park outside.
Always Set Your Car Alarm
If your car has a built-in alarm system, always make sure to lock your doors and set the alarm before walking away. If you see someone trying to break into your vehicle, hit the panic button. That is why it’s there.
Use Valet Parking If It Is Offered
If you are attending a large event in an area you are unfamiliar with, use the valet parking. Your car will be parked in a secure area and under video surveillance. Spending a few extra dollars is well worth the peace of mind you will get knowing your car is safely parked in the garage.
The agents of Commercial One Insurance Service provide their clients with useful tips to keep their vehicles safe whether they are at home or away. Contact an agent to check on your current policy or see about purchasing a new one. Visit our office in Burlingame, CA or make the call. You will get the info you need and the peace of mind you deserve.
The roadways that crisscross the Burlingame, CA area are some of the safest in the country. However, even these well-constructed throughways see their fair share of accidents regularly. Commercial One Insurance Service wants all of their California neighbors to be ready for whatever the road sends their way. To help you be prepared, here are some of the most common reasons for auto insurance claims in the state of California.
- Rear-end collision – Whether a distracted driver doesn’t give themselves enough time to stop or a malfunctioning brake line prevents drivers from reacting appropriately, rear-end collisions top the list of most frequent auto insurance claims. In a moving collision, severe physical damage to drivers, passengers, and vehicles are common.
- Chipped and cracked windshields – The big trucks that share California highways often fail to secure large loads of rocks and other building materials. At high speeds, small bits of rock become projectiles that crack or chip the windshields of passenger vehicles. Larger items can cause more significant damage and may present a risk to those in the smaller vehicle.
- Damages to a parked vehicle – Vandalism is still an unnecessarily common occurrence in the Burlingame, CA area. Bored teens, criminals looking for a quick payday, and careless drivers can leave dents, marks, and other damages that require help from your insurance provider. If your vehicle is hit while it’s parked, the damage should be covered by the collision portion of your auto insurance.
- Theft – Thieves aren’t just out for your vehicle. Some of them want the contents inside. While the damage sustained from a vehicular break-in is covered under the vandalism portion, the replacement costs of your missing items, including the vehicle themselves, are often included in your overall coverage.
These problems don’t have to scare you away from enjoying the roadways. Talk to the agents at Commercial One Insurance Service to find ways to reduce your likelihood of falling victim to these common problems.
Thousand of folks across the country travel every day for work. In California sales people, technical specialists, managers covering different regions and operational folks hit the highways and the side roads every day of the week to get things done and keep companies rolling. However, while companies in Burlingame, CA and elsewhere are quick to reimburse mileage or offer options for rental cars, they don’t necessarily jump to the forefront to help folks protect their cars. In fact, many companies require anyone traveling in their own car to have their own car insurance in case of liability needs or an accident. Now that’s a bit of a paradox since the trip happened due to work, but many companies in Burlingame, CA either provide their own vehicle or a rental in many cases if an employee has no car. But folks like to drive their own cars instead, so when that happens, companies shift the coverage burden to the employee as part of the convenience being allowed.
No surprise then, employees better have their own insurance up to date and ready to address travel through different areas, especially when traveling out of state for work. According to Commercial One Insurance Service, state minimum liability coverages vary, so if a person only has a basic liability coverage in place, it may not be enough for a neighboring state. Those with comprehensive coverage or a more robust policy are in a far better situation as these coverages easily address requirement differences from state to state. Commercial One Insurance Service can help if you think you’re going to need your car a lot for work and want to have the right coverage in place. Whether you’re going to be an Interstate 5 warrior or go cross-country, our experts can match you quickly to the right policy. Call today!
Insurance is about risk, and teens as drivers are definitely in the category. However, simply having a teen driver doesn’t automatically mean the same risk across the board. For example, a teen who drives a car only on the weekend has a statistically lower accident risk than one who drives a car every day on a commute. This distinction matters a lot, especially when it translates to a premium difference on the car owner’s wallet. Unfortunately, many folks don’t fully understand how risk is rated for car insurance. So they either don’t let their teen drive the covered car at all, hoping to avoid a significant cost increase, or they opt for the largest cost category of frequent driving which may not apply to how often the car is used by a related teen. Both end up mismatching an insurance policy with the actual need.
The best thing a teen parent can do with their car insurance policy in Burlingame, CA is to first have a sit down with Commercial One Insurance Service. Everyone, including insurance agents, understands the need to match a policy to one’s reality. And the folks at Commercial One Insurance Service can take a variety of options and provide real choices for parents. Teens should and need to drive. It is the time when they learn how to interact with the adult world before going out on their own. But that doesn’t mean your car policy has to be priced at a Fort Knox level. Give your local Burlingame, CA agent a call at Commercial One Insurance Service today and relax with a policy that makes sense for your whole family.