You’ve finally found the home of your dreams and are ready to take the plunge to become a homeowner. In addition to the right home loan and the right home insurance coverage to protect your valuable investment. By knowing the facts about home insurance, you can choose wisely. Working with a reputable insurer like Commercial One Insurance Service in Burlingame, CA is essential to getting quality coverage to protect your property.
Home Insurance Facts Every Homeowner Should Know
As a new homeowner, you may have misconceptions about home insurance – what it is, what it does, and why you need it. These aspects are covered in the following home insurance facts:
- Home insurance offers dwelling, property, and liability coverage to protect your home, personal belongings, and assets from financial loss.
- Dwelling coverage protects your home structure against damage or loss from covered perils like fire, vandalism, lightning strikes, hailstorms, and other natural disasters.
- Property coverage protects your belongings. This includes clothes, electronics, furniture, appliances, sports equipment, and other personal items.
- Liability coverage protects you financially against accidental injuries or property damage visitors may sustain on your property.
- If your Burlingame home has a mortgage, home insurance may be a requirement. Otherwise, it’s your decision whether to have home insurance coverage or not.
- The cost of home insurance may vary depending on your chosen insurance company. Your home’s age, size, condition, and location can also impact home insurance costs. You can shop around to find the best deal for your desired coverage.
- Standard home insurance policies do not cover flood damage. For flood protection, you need a separate flood insurance policy.
Need Home Insurance?
For quality home insurance at affordable costs, contact a local agent from Commercial One Insurance Service in Burlingame, CA.